Ankoku has been pursuing his dream of becoming an ideal hero modelled after a legendary figure of his world since the tender age of four.
Such an obsession has been molding him to the point that, after getting stranded on Earth, he has not been missing his own world, rather looking for new opportunity to seek the path of purity, both in strength and in heart, however the tool of constantly saving other and keep on a "perfect" appearance in a cynical world takes more often than not his tool on his patience, at times committing in the name of "heroism" acts of dubious eticity and honor.
While he might seem narrow-mindedly arrogant, however, there is a part of him aware of his shortcomings, which makes him strive for self improvement to make a world where everyone believes in heroes
While Ankoku can be seen as an above average, even extraordinary human, in super-powered setting he is seen as on the lower tiers of fighters. Ankoku is ridiculously talented as a pilot, being able to master in a short frame of times even vehicles whose interface is not human-friendly.
- Endless Potential - Ankoku’s ‘inner power’ (ki, mana, chackra, spirit, whatever you want to call it) is neither human, demonic nor divine in nature, yet it is ‘unbound’, with the potential ‘to be anything he wants’,as long as he puts his mind on it… sadly, his growing curve is rather average!
- ‘Ki’ control - (Intended as the chinese concept, not the anime-influenced one) - While Ankoku shows to easily figure out how ki works in theory, multiple people calls his a mess to the point they have trouble perceiving him. Masters of ki could explain it as “all of [his] chakra centers are blocked, then used backward, upside-down, inside-out, a lot of the resulting energy is barely put to use, with multiple lumps of energy that at most feel like they are choking [his] flow AND the one used is employed in the wrong centers”. Despite this, Ankoku is shown to be able to use the little ki he can employ pretty well, capable of using it for stealth and yet be able to employ and be able to still be superhuman
- Peak Human Strength - Despite his frail physique, Ankoku strong enough to punch through walls. When fighting bullies or common thugs, they get trashed so quickly the writer claims not to have had time to describe the fight that they had already been beaten down.
- Immense Durability - What constantly impresses everyone is Ankoku’s skill at taking blows, refusing to get knocked unconscious and getting even despite broken bones or major injuries.
- High Intellect - While he may at first behave like a newcomer, Ankoku constantly displays knowledge on many supernatural topic, from the Devils’ politics to the inner working of chakra control. His limits are of course within human knowledge,
- High Willpower - Ankoku repeatedly displays high amounts of willpower, commonly shown as stubbornness, even over supernatural entities
- Hand to Hand Combat Skills - As he is trying to become a hero, Ankoku shows constantly to be able to fight. Far from a novice, he can take down multiple task force (human) agents with basic knowledge of the battlefield and his skills.
- Weapon Combat Skills - He further shows to be able to employ a multiple weapons in a fight, his favorite style employing mostly counters. His favorite weapon being a metallic staff
To Ankoku, magic is a glitch of the ordered system of the world, which people with specific souls may be able to resonate with, rewriting certain laws according to scientific and mathematical formulas. Magic is thus an outer source of power he can tap into and, because of it, there is no theoretical upper limit in terms of output how much someone can manipulate such error. It does, however, present limit in the mental strain it causes on the user because of the high concentration of formulas calculated in their minds, the inability to channel magic without the presence of the element people hold and the magic going out of control by employing wrong equations or datas.
➤ Eternal Soul: Ankoku's soul has been described as a void containing a cosmic entity. It thus presents a few peculiarity, such as a complete indestructibility, and higher resistence to higher reality hax (such as reality erasure or conceptual manipulation). Said protection do not extend however to neither his physical body nor his surroundings.
➤ Elemental Magic - Organic Tissue Control: Ankoku's magic is centered over control over organic tissue on physical contact which, however, requires high degree of knowledge of the anatomy of the individual he touches to keep proper control. He mostly employs his biomancy to heal himself or harden his clothes, although has to be massively cautious when controlling his body, least he risks to kill himself sion to keep a quick short ranged weapon can be necessary.
➤ Magical Hijacking (lesser): Normally considered an high of magic where you resonate with another soul to be able to use their magic, Ankoku has developed a form of magic hijack meant to counter magic or anti magic barriers: as long as he is capable of percieving the presence and mechanic anti-magic barriers of any nature Ankoku can 'grab them' and control them to channel his own magic through them. It's an extremely difficult skill.
➤ Polearm: A heavy metallic staff crafted by Ankoku alongside his father. It is usually upgraded with new functions and magical artifacts
➤ Knives- Small bone-crafted blades hidden inside his sleeves, previously used by Ankoku's mother for assassination. Ankoku doesn't ever use them out of moral restraint, but carries them just in case