Ori is a young Ribika, a species of cat-human hybrid, who has always bounced from one place to another. The reasoning for her recent wanderings being due to Setsura, her home village, being invaded by a devil-worshipping tribe called the Meigi. She'd fled alongside her mother and managed to escape with their lives intact. It's unknown if her father survived.
However, when the Sickness began to spread to the various small villages throughout Sisa, Ori's mother fell ill fairly quickly and slowly began to lose parts of her body. The plague, itself, had a tendency to affect female Ribika the most, and Ori's mother bid her leave their new home in order to survive.
On her own, Ori set out to find the city known as Ransen, which she'd heard hadn't yet fallen victim to the Sickness. Along the way, she stumbled across a shaman by the name of Bojyo, whom she immediately took a liking to. He was overly blunt without losing his eccentric sense of mysticism, something she found entertaining. It was through him that Ori discovered she had been born a Sanga.
Her voice, if lent to a Touga (a term used to describe anyone with the ability to fight), could quickly turn the tide of any battle.
With this knowledge, and some directions from the shaman, Ori set out again. Within a few days, she finally made it to Ransen.
She had never seen so many cats in one place at once, and she took to the larger city like a fish to water. It was there she met an older tiger Ribika by the name of Bardo. He was the owner of one of the inns in Ransen, and the two quickly became friends.
Realizing she was new to the city and had nowhere to stay, he offered to have her live at the inn in exchange for doing various courier duties and other odd jobs he could task her with. Bardo became something of a father figure to Ori, despite how Ribika often don't have established family units like the humans of the past.
Even now, she still does messenger and delivery jobs, though she carefully avoids any place she knows has been stricken with the plague. She actively hides the fact that she's a Sanga in most cases, not wanting to draw unwanted attention to herself. A Touga will often do whatever it takes to get a Sanga on their side, and she's simply not about that noise.
1. Ori is a Lamento: Beyond the Void OC. However, I'm 110% perfectly able to play her outside of that setting. Ideally she's best used in medieval/feudal fantasy type settings with adventure in mind, but I'm willing to alter her for modern day. However, can be kinda picky with slice of life stuff, but I'm willing to hear out ideas.
2. You add first, you greet first.
3. I very much prefer to discuss first before beginning an RP. Please don't send a starter without speaking to me first.
4. Can be selective with adds at times.
5. Mature/Dark themes are absolutely loved.
6. Overall, I'm a pretty easy-going admin, so I'm open to both RP and just chit-chat. I do have Discord, but I prefer to talk/RP a bit before I consider adding.